- SOLTARE – A refrigerated cargo vessel of the Niger Delta coast has had two Ukrainian and two Lithuanian crewmen kidnapped.
- Two high speed skiffs made a suspicious approach in an area unaccustomed to incidents, just off southern Cameroon.
- A security vessel was fired upon by suspected pirates on the maritime border between Nigeria and Cameroon.
SOUTH EAST ASIA
- South east Asian waters continue to be targeted for boarding and robberies.
- Two Germans on a private yacht, in the Lombok strait of Bali, were mistakenly reported as kidnapped.
- Local policy stopped what could have been the largest bunker robbery of the year after six armed robbers boarded the tanker.
- Somali security forces manage to secure release of four kidnapped Iranian fishermen.