If you are travelling to countries with a high or higher risk of kidnap and ransom occurrences, and answer yes to the following questions, then you should consider specialist insurance.
- Does the client or their family travel to parts of the world where this product may be suitable? For example, are the client’s children going on ‘Gap Years’?
- Is the client’s profile open to abuse (sports people, actors musicians etc)?
- How much personal information does their family advertise on social media – therefore putting them at risk?
- Does the client or their family employ domestic staff who may need screening or training?
- Does the client understand that their financial profile can expose them to extortion?
- Have personal information breaches (social medial, internet trolls, mobile phone hacking) been raised with the client?
- Is the client at risk of intrusive covert or overt investigative journalism?
- Could the client be exposed to stalking, intimidation or car jacking?