According to a survey conducted by AIG, 45% of female travellers feel less safe travelling today, than they did 5 years ago.
There are a number of things that women can do in order to prepare for travel and to make sure they are as safe as they can be. Here are just a few hints and tips that they should follow:
- Take out adequate travel insurance
- Be sure to share an itinerary with colleagues and family
- Study the destination and understand the nuances of the cultural and political situation
- Learn some key defence mechanisms for protection
- Know some key phrases, like ‘Help, ‘Police’, ‘Stop’ etc in the destination language
- Save some important numbers into a phone in case of an emergency
- If walking anywhere, walk towards oncoming traffic so that you can see the cars coming your way
Crisis Insurance will cover a large proportion of the advice and planning that should be taken before and during a trip to a destination for work or pleasure. The above are only a small number of elements that should be considered.
Contact us to find out more and see how we can help your clients before travelling.